Wednesday 30 November 2011

Happy Saint Andrew's Day!

Today is Saint Andrew's Day, and as Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, there was a lot of running around for me today. Plus one of my pals leaves Scotland tomorrow and another is about to have a baby. So the Scotland-leaving pal and I went to see our baby-having pal between bouts of going to Mass. First we went to the Ordinary Form at the Cathedral (celebrated by our Cardinal Archbishop and involving relics of Saint Andrew), and then we went to the Extraordinary Form in a chapel (celebrated by our chaplain).

Thus I don't have much to say about the Single Life today. But thank you for praying for my career-related intention--and you can keep on going, if you like! I don't know what is going to happen, but I'm feeling a lot more calm about possible outcomes.

3 comments:

Just Another Catholic Girl said...

Happy St. Andrew's Day! Thank you so much for reminding me! Today is the start of the very powerful St. Andrew's novena. It is a wonderful prayer and makes a great start to Advent!

St. Andrew Christmas Novena
Say 15 times a day from St. Andrew's Day (30 November) until Christmas

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment at which the Son of God was born of a most pure Virgin at a stable at midnight in Bethlehem in the piercing cold. At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, to hear my prayers and grant my desires. (Mention your intentions here) Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother. Amen.

History Hat Girl said...

Your Scotland-leaving pal, who is single, is also working on being seraphic in her single state and has to thank this lovely lady, and her Edinburgh family, for helping that to be so. So here is a big thank you. As one of my ways of saying thank you I am actually saying the St. Andrew's novena, (which is a family tradition on my Scottish-side of the family to say every year) for certain intentions for these beautiful friends who became my family. God bless you all axxx

Seraphic said...

Thank you, History Hat Girl! Email to folow.